NEC Laboratories Europe is the European research center of the NEC Group, a world leader in the computer and communications markets with a large world-wide base of R&D Laboratories. Top researchers from more than 20 countries develop, pilot and bring to reality technologies through open innovation.
NEC Laboratories Europe has an immediate opening for a
Blockchain Product Manager
NEC Laboratories Europe is the European research center of NEC Corporation, a world leader in the computer and communications markets. Top researchers from more than 20 countries develop, pilot and bring to reality computing, networking, security and data science technologies through open innovation.
We are looking for a part-time or full-time product manager who is passionate about building products that match the customer’s expectations. As a product manager, you are expected to interact and coordinate between NEC’s international team of researchers, the strategy office of NEC’s corporate business development division as well as product designers and business developers with the objective of creating novel solutions generating new business in the areas of Digital Identity and blockchain. You will be responsible for strategic planning (market strategy and business plans), creating and shaping value propositions, generating leads as well as procuring and managing Proof of Concepts (PoCs). Initially, this position is limited to two years.
Applicants are sought with experiences / skills in these areas:
- Proven experience in product management or as an associate product manager
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies
- Strong experience in business modelling and business case analysis
- Excellent understanding of customer requirements, experience, and market for identity, KYC, and security solutions
- Strong skills in B2B client presentations and workshop delivery
- Solid technical background with deep understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and blockchain technologies.
- High intercultural sensitivity and experience in working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS degree in Computer Science or in a related area.
We are looking for individuals with qualifications in marketing, business administration or communications (e.g., MBA) and a background in relevant technical security areas (e.g., master’s degree or a PhD).
NEC Laboratories Europe is located in Heidelberg – one of Germany’s most beautiful and idyllic towns. The area offers a number of exciting cultural, entertainment, and outdoor activities. Our offices are minutes away from the historic downtown of Heidelberg.